Sunday 11th September 1-4 pm, Cph time.
Taught in English by Cathrine Østerberg.
Duration: 2.5-3 hours depending on questions
During this course, Østerberg will take you on a tour through the scientific universe of ice cream. Emphasis will be on ICE CREAM (sorbets will be dealt with in another course).
We will go through the use of various ingredients and how they influence the ice cream structure and flavour.
Recipes will be calculated from scratch, so you can develop your very own recipes after the course.
- ice cream ingredients and composition
- the effect of ingredients on structure
- recipe calculations
- step-by-step ice cream production*
- various questions
*this is meant as a demonstration. But each participant is welcome to get hands on the ingredients and produce along from any of the recipes given in advance.
We offer you to purchase the book with free shipping worldwide when participating in this online course. We have to emphasise, however, that we cannot guarantee it will arrive in time prior to the course. The book is a useful tool in order to dive deeper into the content afterwards.
NB: When you check out, the shipping costs (170 dkk) is subtracted from the product price with the code (OnlineBook). So the shipment costs appear, but the final price will be right. This is the only way it can be done, so we hope for your understanding.
- One week prior to the course, we will send you an e-mail with ingredients you can have at hand and the link you should use to access the course.
When signing up you also accept the following terms:
- Recording the session is NOT allowed. If this is not followed, you will be removed from the course.
- Every participant will be muted during the class, unless questions are asked.
- Only one person is allowed to participate per registration.
- We will not be responsible for any technical issues. Hence, we recommend that you check all online access etc. prior to the course.